To all foodies. INCOMING! It is only the first week of February and things in Foodie World is on fire!
Coffee Ice Truck
To all coffee addicts, Nespresso has their own Ice truck in Johannesburg. They have just launched 2 new limited edition coffee blends, Intenso on Ice and Leggero On Ice. Enjoy your coffee during the hot summer. Get there fast, as they are almost leaving.
- 7 February – Vega (8am-10am) and AAA (12pm-2pm)
- 10 February – Braamfontein (10am-12pm) and Maboneng (2pm-4pm)
- 11 February – Cradle of Humankind (6am-9am) and East Gate Mall (9am – 11am)
- 18 February – Fourways Farmers Market (9am-3pm)
Ice Cream TukTuk
Paul’s Homemade Ice Cream has a tuktuk full of ice creams! You can catch them at First Thursday or even hire them, how cool would it be for your next event?
There is probably not a single person left in Jozi who hasn’t heard of Gemelli Cucina Bar. A bit of sad news is that their head Chef Paulo Santo has left their kitchen but we are excited to be a part of your next Foodie Adventure, Chef Paulo.
Best Cocktail-bar is in Jozi
The annual Bartending Accolades and Recognition (BAR) Awards were held last week. Joburg sure knows their Cocktail game, have a look at the winners.
- Sin+Tax (in Joburg) took home the Best Cocktail Bar and the Best Bar Team Award
- Julian Short from Sin+Tax received the Bartender of the Year Award as well as the International Footprint Award
- Moontee Bar (also in Joburg) received the Trailblazer Award
- The Best Hotel Cocktail Bar Award went to Twankey
- AJ Snetler (aka the Tattooed Bartender) of the Tankey Bar pocketed the Social Media Award
- The Polynesian Pearl Diver was named the Best Pop up Bar
- Brand Ambassador of the Year went to Marson Strydom
- The Best High Volume Bar went to bar called The Orphanage in Cape Town
- Look out for Burdett Geiling as she received the New Comer of the Year Award
- World Class got the Best Brand Campaign Award
- Bulleit Bourbon was dubbed the Bartenders Brand of Choice
OrderIn and Taxify teams up
Both OrderIn and Taxify are looking to beat the competition and expand their footprint and customer base in South Africa. They are now going to help each other by teaming up. Lookout Foodies, here they come!
2 Big players join in on the War on Waste
McDonald’s will up their packaging game to reduce waste. They have given themselves till 2025 to only use renewable and recycled materials for their packaging. Here is more.
The Coca-Cola Company wants to create a world without waste. They want to go big and collect and recycle a bottle or can for every one it sells by 2023.